On 7 October 2017 at 02:14, Alan W. Irwin <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> Hi Phil:
>
> I just discovered on Linux that your IPC3 workaround does allow
> -locate mode for example 1 to work perfectly for mouse clicks.  (IPC3
> locate mode key hits are not implemented yet.) But I also think that
> workaround should not be necessary, and the fundamental problem is
> when I originally implemented IPC3 locate mode I used the non-IPC3
> version of wxPlFrame::ReadTransmission to model what the IPC3 version
> of that routine should do in locate mode, but it turns out that is a
> flawed model!  So it is no wonder that you had to implement a
> workaround to get locate mode to work at all for the IPC3 case.
>
> Here are the current (master HEAD) problems with locate mode for the
> non-IPC3 case as demonstrated when I run
>
> examples/c/x01c -dev wxwidgets -locate
>
> on Linux.
>
> 1. The initial wxPLViewer response is always a blank screen.
>
> 2. Furthermore, initial blind mouse clicking on the position of
> viewports 2, 3, and 4 gets no response at all.  Blind clicking on the
> (upper-left) position of viewport 1 does typically get a response (but
> sometimes only after several clicks), and if I keep clicking
> eventually the actual plot appears, and then after that clicking on
> viewports 2, 3, and 4 finally begins to work.

Just tested the latest master head on Windows and it works perfectly.
Not sure why it would be different on Linux.

> 3. In no case have I gotten key hits to work (even though there is
> code to handle that case for the non-IPC3 version of
> wxPlFrame::ReadTransmission).

You are correct, key presses don't work on Linux, that is due to a
difference between Linux and windows in ter,s of event capture that I
wasn't aware of when I wrote the viewer. It is on my fix list, but
feel free to add it to the bug tracker so I don't forget.