Hi Alan,

Same behaviour ;).

> I looked up the popen man page on Linux which states it "opens a process by
> creating a pipe, forking, and invoking the shell". So I assume what the above
> code
> fragment does is redirect the normal output of the -h option from stdout to
> whatever
> you have specified as the PAGER environment variable or the "more" pager as a
> fallback if you have not specified PAGER.
>
> So I suspect what has happened on your Cygwin platform is you don't have any
> pager installed.  You should be able to fix that by installing "more" via the
> "util-linux"
> package and/or "less" via the "less" package (while setting your PAGER
> environment variable to "less").
>
> Let me know whether one or the other of those two measures fixes the above -h
> issue.

No, there is a "more" installed in /usr/bin/more and that works fine when
invoked through the command line. For some reason the plplarse routine seems to
try and start a bare-Windows command: "c:\program" in the error message is just
the start of the directory name under which commands and programs can be found.
A workaround would be not to use this feature on any Windows platform.

> By the way, I highly recommend "less" as a much better pager than "more".  So
> the
> developers of "less" used some self-deprecating humor when they picked the
> name
> of their pager.  :-)

Why exactly? They have similar functionality, don't they?

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.