Hi Alan
let's do a small change in qt_example. cpp to make it more orthodox.

   QApplication a( argc, argv );
    PlotWindow   win ( Argc, Argv );
    win.show();

when I do this the program always crashes on close in my system.
much likely because there is an attempt to free twice a memory block.
It may result from

setAttribute( Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose );
 on qt_Plotwindow.cpp as at destructor level qt may try to free something
that the driver has already  free.
the fact is if I erase or comment that line the program does not crash
anymore on exit.

cheers,

p.s
I will have a look at your commit and test it on my own applications

--

António Rodrigues Tomé
Universidade da Beira Interior