On 2019-06-28 06:55-0000 Ahmed Abdel-Rahman wrote:

Hello Alan,

First of all I'ld like to thank you and every single person who worked
and who is still working on developing plplot.

Hi Ahmed:

On behalf of all those PLplot developers over more than 3 decades now,
you are welcome!

By the way, we prefer such support requests like you have below to be
posted to the [plplot-general mailing
list](https://sourceforge.net/projects/plplot/lists/plplot-general/)
so that all PLplot users benefit from the discussion.  So I have CC'ed
my response to that list, and I hope you take the time to subscribe to
that list for any further discussions with you and so you can benefit
from other user's support requests as well.

I'm new to plplot! I was (and still) developing scientific plots for
more than 2.5 decades. I liked plots of plplot very much and tried
some things which worked fine.

Good.

I have 2 questions:

1-    How can I create plots with thin grid lines like in this one:
PlotGridWithVeryThinMinorTics.png

Line width for any element of a plot is controlled via a call to
<http://plplot.org/docbook-manual/plplot-html-5.15.0/plwidth.html>.

2-    How can I plot arrows; say from (x1, y1) to (x2, y2) like this:
PlottingArrows.png

I am pretty sure you should be able to do that via a call to
<http://plplot.org/docbook-manual/plplot-html-5.15.0/plvect.html> if you use
nx = 1 to reduce the input matrices to vectors (so you end up plotting just a
single arrow).

Also, I would advise you (and others subscribed to this mailing list)
to look at all examples in <http://plplot.org/examples.php> to see if
the plotting effect you want is there.  If you find some effect you
like, those examples also include the code (in all our different
supported computer languages) you need to produce the effect.

Good luck with your future use of PLplot, and let us know how it goes.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project