Hi Sergey:

Please CC list since PLplot questions/answers are of some
interest to all users (including those in the future who are looking
at list archives for answers).

On 2021-10-31 20:18+0200 Sergey Shcherbina wrote:

Dear Alan,

Your last letter helped us how to solve a problem with PLplot.

I think it just was a problem with Ubuntu. I changed Ubuntu to

Fedora - Linux fedora 5.14.14-200.fc34.x86_64 and now no technical

problems with using your PLplot software.

Good.

We have simple question:

what function PLplot should be used for changing the quantity of

the tick labels and ticks on 2D or 3D plots?

plbox and plbox3 which are documented at
<http://plplot.org/docbook-manual/plplot-html-5.15.0/plbox.html> and
and <http://plplot.org/docbook-manual/plplot-html-5.15.0/plbox3.html>.

Cheers,

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Research affiliation with the Department of Physics and Astronomy,
University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada.

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project