> I have recently downloaded and tried Plucker as an alternative to
> AvantGo - mainly because of its ability to cope with local web pages
> on the hard disk.

        Good point.

        Bill, we missed this one yesterday! DAMN!

> First, I couldn't find an explination of the URL styntax of "plucker:"

        Ok, a call for better examples, broken down by OS in the docs.

> Also, I have have trouble with pages with links of the form <A
> HREF="file://c:\temp\index.html">Link</A> (on a Windows 2000 machine).

        Your syntax is definately wrong. A local file on a Windows machine
should be in the form:

        <A HREF="C:\temp\index.html">Link</a>

        not

        or

        The first version is correct, since it is a local file. Strapping
the file:// protocol specifier on it misleads the parser. Remember, this
is a *PARSER* not a browser, so there's no need to put the file://
inclusion on it. Unix and Linux are going to need a slightly different
syntax, but the same logic applies.

        Then again, I don't run Windows, so I could be totally wrong on
that platform.

> I had picked this exact format (absolute filename including the drive
> letter) because it works on both IE and Mozilla, but the Plucker
> parser does not seem to understand this format.

        Other people who have Windows have no problems with it. I agree,
the parser has some areas where code can be tweaked a bit more, but the
code in Url.py for the most part works.

> Hope this is helpful to someone!

        Definately!

/d