After prompting on the newsgroups, I've noticed that I can't build the
plucker manuals.  This is because they are in latex but use some
packages that aren't in tetex, most notably html, but also because
they want to use latex2html instead of tex4ht (ht latex).

Briefly, tetex is the largest standard tex distribution, so I'm
slightly surprised that it's using things not found there.  Also,
tex4ht uses the latex formatting engine to generate html while
latex2html reimplements a subset of it in another language.

I suggest that the manuals are moved to use tex4ht and hopefully
remain compatible with building with latex2html.  If no-one is able, I
will make a start, but it may be some time.  But first I wanted to
ask, is there a strong reason why latex2html is used?
--
MJR