> > A .prc is available at
> > http://www.rob.md/projects/plucker/2001_07_16/viewer_en.prc
>
> In general, I like Robert's changes.  Though I tend to find the
> autoscroll unusable unless we get to smooth single-pixel
> autoscrolling, a la CSpotRun.  The default speed for scrolling is too
> fast for me, and I can't seem to slow it down enough (or speed up my
> reading :-) to make it usable.

Hi Bill, thanks for the comments. Will work on putting in a selector to
allow a choice of page/half-page/pixel/etc for each scroll. A single pixel
scroll is a bit slow for reading right now on the hardware (about same speed
as pressing down on scrollbar), but a double pixel scroll, (plus an
overclocker like Afterburner) works quite nicely. Or can think about adding
in caching for autoscrolling, though the next generation of the hardware
will likely be able to zip right through a single pixel scroll as it stands.

Will work on setting a good default speed so the text doesn't fly by like
some sort of Clockwork Orange training :) when first run.

> Of the optional features, I'd suggest that two are highly desired:
>
> > 1. Hardkey/Gesture options to increase/decrease speed.
>
> To make it more like CSpotRun.

Sounds great. They will be appended to the end of the listboxes under
"Toggle Autoscroll".

> > 3. Upper time limit on the prevent of power off without user
> input so that
> > can't accidently leave it running and wipe your PDA since it ran out of
> > juice.
>
> This, I think, is critical.

Sure thing. Will work on this too.

There is also a small bug in the prc that will (quite rightly) report an
object not in form when toggle autoscroll with toolbar off, that will be
fixed, with a proper check first to see that not in the toolbarless form
before trying to change the play/stop button.

Best wishes,
Robert