> I'm far from expert of this kind of stuffs, does somebody know
> about this? Or are we happy if I would add a new option in parser like
> '-sjis' which always converts characters to Shift JIS code.

Hi, Nori.

I do know something about this.  I think we should in general add an
option to output pages in a standard character set.  Right now we
don't really do that (sort of -- the code in the parser does try to
generate ISO 8859-1 code, with some "Palm Latin" things like the
"bullet" you mention, that should really be removed) but we do tag
each page with its character set.  I don't think just adding the -sjis
option would be a particularly good idea, but it's open source, so you
can make whatever changes you'd like to a version of it.

Bill