"Bill" == Bill Janssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> If i call locale.py i get this output:
>>   --------
>>   Language:  de_DE
>>   Encoding:  cp1252
>>   --------

Bill> I've just looked at the base Python code in 1.5.2 for locale.py so

FYI: This are the output from python 2.0

>> i get:
>>
>> -------
>> Converted plucker:/home.html
>> Default charset is 1252
>> 1252
>> 0
>> Converted plucker:/~special~/index
>> ------
>>
>> and 04E4 (1252) are written in the plucker DBs metadata record. But
>> the http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets say:

Bill> I've tried to duplicate this, but just get an error saying that 'cp1252'
Bill> doesn't name a charset.

I guess its because you see every "only number" charset as an MIBenum.

BTW: why you expect that the return from getlocale are in MIBenum? And
whats if the user specify "427", is it the charset name or the
MIBenum? Need we a way to specify the MIBenum or is it enought to
allow to specify the charset name?

>> And at the end one idea: Whats about writing a parser that parse the
>> http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets and create and complete
>> NamedCharsets array? It seams to be easy and i think i could do this.

Bill> Great idea!

I have checked in this. Please take a look if it is OK.

cu,
 Dirk

--
Permanent URLs to the latest Version (1.1.13) of the Plucker Windows installer
 - For the Webpage: http://www.dirk-heiser.de/plucker