I have sucessfully hacked together an MSWord to Plucker conversion
script last night, and would like to slap it up on the website for people to
use.

        There's a slight glitch, however.. it's going to have to behave
differently than the PDF-to-Plucker one does now, in that most people have
Word documents that are not located at remote URLs which are publically
accessible (for the server to grab it). This means implementing a public
"File Upload" facility to send the doc to the server for conversion.

        Being an advocate of privacy and anonymity, I don't want to have to
write any files to disk. I can do this, but it's harder to "prove" that the
files weren't written to disk during the conversion (they're held in a
scalar in memory, as is the output .pdb file until it's sent to the user).

        Any ideas on how I should go about this? Or should I just dump the
idea and move onto other things? The output from Word to Plucker is fairly
impressive. Much more impressive than Abiword's output or even the Microsoft
native "Save As HTML" output.

        Ideas? Comments?

/d