> OK, I'll look into it.  Dang Redhat and their non-standard Python
> anyway.

        You mean Redhat actually uses _STANDARDS_ now? Since when?

> I tend to use Emacs with python-mode, and otherwise ignore tab settings.
> But I agree with you; let me check into it.

        This is one huge problem I have with Python, and a major reason I
will _NEVER_ use it for any production work I do.. using whitespace as a
syntactical character is such a bonehead move. It forces you to use a very
specific structure, and is incredibly prone to error. No freedom to create
the code and flow and design in the way you want, it's Guido's way, or the
highway.

</rant>

/d