I was whacking away at a Pluck for the NewsBlaster site I posted a
day or two ago, and noticed an interesting buglet in "Copy URL" (well two,
one is cosmetic/aesthetic).

        Two small screenshots are attached to this message. The first is the
url as seen in the "copy url" form (frmExternalLinksCopy, externalform.c),
and the second is the full URL as seen in MemoPad. The first shows that the
url is end-truncated, meaning that only the end of the URL shows in the
dialog, but the full URL shows up in the memo.

        It probably should show the beginning part of the url, not the end,
i.e. the protocol and URI, since that's more important/significant to a user
in deciding whether or not to copy that URL. Before I copy a URL to memopad,
I'd like to know if it's going offsize to some site I don't want to retrieve
from (x10.com for example, but yes, I have them in exclusionlist.txt).

        The second buglet though, is that the "Copy URL" button itself shows
up on the dialog, even when --no-urlinfo is specified. Sort of misleading to
a newbie, since there's no text to copy.

        Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

[dd]