On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:43:03PM -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>       pilot-link doesn't have anything to do with the MIME type or HTML
> gathering process of Plucker, it is only concerned with the final created
> .pdb (or .prc/.pqa overall). I would venture to guess that nothing will be
> impaired by adding a .plk/.plkr extension to be recognized by _browsers_ to
> identify Plucker content (if I take your suggestion to mean a similar
> approach to the way SiteScooper .site files and AvantGo .subs files
> reference their particular content).

But what good really would it do once that's supported?

ie, Assuming a MIME type has been setup for plkr/plk, what exactly is
the expected action on the client side? I would assume just to
upload the file up to the palm, but the hotsync program itself only
supports pdc, pdb, pqa as valid extensions.

I guess it's good to have specific support for this in the browsers, but
for the commoner user, what exactly will he/she see their machine do
with this .plkr file?

--
Adam McDaniel
Array Networks