On Mon, Jul 01, 2002, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

> The english translation (the reference for all translations) refers to the
> "database" as either a "database" or a "document".

The viewer only uses "document", never "database".

> In the help text for the
> "details" dialog, it refers to the "record" as a "document", etc.

That help text and the end-of-document alert for the find function
are the only places where "document" is used when it should have
been "page" or "record". Easy to fix, though.

> * "e-book", "book" or "channel" : one PDB database ("book" would be
> consistent with the term "library", but "channel" is a more fashion term,
> and suits the Plucker Desktop)

Well, I still think "document" is a good term.

> * "document" : one page (or one set of pages if it's split into many pages)
> (equivalent to the "record" above)
> * "page" : the viewable part of the document : a single part, when the
> viewer splits a long page

IMO, "page" could be used for both of these cases. Whether a page
refers to the *visible* page or to the *whole* page is usually not
a problem in practice.

> * stick the "document" word to the HTML page  (a database is a set of
> documents) : a web site is made of of various pages, each separate from
> each other. In this case, we can't refer to the whole plucked site as a
> single document.

There are many different kinds of documents and we use "Plucker
Documents". I can't see anything wrong with that term, but feel
free to convince me that I'm wrong ;-)

/Mike