> I think we should define a specific function code. From the viewer's point
> of view these aren't TECHNICALLY fonts, it'll be easier for me to support
> becuase I wouldn't have to provide an exception rule (to normal fonts)
> whenever a sub/sup font appears.

        We _could_ make a font which includes faces for super and subscript,
using the spaces-above/spaces-below that I suggested earlier, and use that
whenever the function code denotes it. Don't make it a user-selectable font
of course, just use it internally.

        The problem now arises when you have things like:

        <h1><sup>My HUGE title</sup><h1>

        or..

        PalmOS<sup>&trade</sup>

        ..where you have nested sub/superscript elements or entity tags, not
just alphanumeric characters of text in a block of paragraph formatting.

d.