---On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:16:45 -0000,  Tim Wentford said

> I really want to start work on supporting tables in the Zaurus reader - is
> there a spec yet? Or any hints anyone could let me have? And an example pdb
> (but not sent via the list as attachments on the list don't come through to
> me very well)?

Tim:

    The 'spec' is mostly in the code, but, here's the writeup so far. I'll
send you a copy of the table.[ch] files and diffs for hooking into the other
parts of the viewer.

New DOC types:
    13 DATATYPE_TABLE
    14 DATATYPE_TABLE_COMPRESSED

New function codes:
    0x90 START_ROW (no data)
    0x97 NEW_CELL (char align, word image_ref, char colspan, char rowspan, word
text_len)

text can contain style, italic, forecolor, underline, etc - to be parsed similar to
the way we do in paragraph.c

Text would be rendered according to the current info (as above).

--re: Tables
                                Chris

Christopher R. Hawks Software Engineer
Syscon Plantstar a Division of Syscon International
By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since
sliced bread.
    -- Vance Petree, Virginia Power