XML is nothing more than an empty bucket, and has absolutely nothing
at all to do with HTML or the web, other than the fact that both XML and
HTML are extensions derived from SGML. Contrary to popular belief, XML is
not "the next HTML". XML doesn't do _anything_ on its own, it's simply a
container, nothing more.

Last time I looked, XHTML, ala wired.com, is a full class XML citizen. At least my XML parsers think it is ;-)

	Exactly, and this is how it was intended to be done. Displaying
actual XML content on port 80 is just a blatent misuse (or misunderstanding)
of the technology.

Again I can check http://wired.com/news/technology/ as being both a well-formed and valid XML document.

Ed