Hi Folks

I experimented with this. IMHO this work provides a good start but to
best support Plucker this tool would need to be enhanced.

Basically it provides a two conversions. The first is close to raw text
although the second conversion is jaw-droppingly good, it really keeps
the feel of the original work.

Sadly it does all this with all sorts of complex HTML that is not (and
probably should not) supported by Plucker. In fact when viewed in
Plucker there is little difference between the normal and complex modes.
I would expect the best results occur if the pdftohtml tool was expanded
providing a PDA channel mode using simpler tags derived from the
document.

However just to point out the worth of this tool I converted a PDF using
Adobe's Acrobat reader for Palm and with pdftohtml and plucker. The
plucker version was approximately five times smaller!

        Cheers

        Daniel
        --xx--

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 02:36, Chris Hawks wrote:
> ---Reply to mail from David A. Desrosiers about pdf2html
>

> >     I just stumbled upon this while working on my Mozilla plugin:
> >
> >     http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/pdf2html/
> >
> >     Interesting idea, though we'd have to deal with scaling and
> > alt-maxwidth/alt-maxheight for panning around the images, but maybe its
> > another approach we can use.
>
> How about http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/
>
> That looks pretty promising.
>
> ---End reply
>
> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft
> "NT disaster recovery isn't all that difficult.  Just follow the simple
> instructions that come with the Linux CD"
>     -- Anthony DeBoer on ASR

Daniel Thompson (Merlin) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If at first you don't succeed then sky diving is probably not for you.