Larry W. Virden:

>   File
> "/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/lib/python2.2/httplib.py",
>  line 1140,
>  in read
>     assert not self._line_consumed and self._line_left
> AssertionError

At one point, TheOnion was giving similar problems.  I don't know
what they did to fix it.

The stuff they sent was not what I expected, nor was it what I got with
a browser.  (I think there were extra tags on the top, no headers, and
some blank lines, but won't swear to any of that at this point.)

In theory, a blank line should cause this, but in my version of
httplib.py class HTTPResponse function _read_status, there
is a guard clause.

        if not line:
                raise BadStatusLine(line)

If you have that same clause and are still getting the error, then I'm
flummoxed.

-jJ