I've read the discussion so far, and I've looked in CVS.
The relevant stuff seems to be in viewer/test, but I
still have several questions.

Is it possible to run the tests on a device which
has a "normal" plucker installed?  If not, could the
unittest version have a different Creator ID, so that
it would be possible?  (CleanPlucker does this
already.)

I was about to download the newest snapshot when
I noticed the PalmCUnit - and at this point, I'm
not sure whether I should or not.  I want to keep
using Plucker, but it sounds like the newest snapshot
will replace it with something that only runs unit
tests - and that only if PalmCUnit is installed.

(Or is PalmCUnit an alternative version, like the
viewer_ca and viewer_cs viewers?)

Could you give a step-by-step example of adding
a test case?  Here is the best I could figure out:

(1)  Take the basename of the file you're editing.
This is your module.

Example:        image.c.  => module = "image"

(2)  Get copies of viewer/test/MODULEtester.h
and MODULEtester.c.  Even if you're only
changing the .c file in your code, you need both
MODULE files.

(3)  Rename the files from MODULE* to
module*.

Example:        image.c.  =>
imagetester.h, imagetester.c

(4)  Globally replace the token <MODULE> with
your module name in both files, then check the
new files back in to viewer/test.

(5)  <Now the magic happens>  Modify
moduletester.c functions to do whatever you
want done.  I do not feel competent to guess
at what should happen here, because I didn't
quite follow what you were doing so on the files
so far.  Here is my best guess:

Replace TestCase in the C module (and the
header?)  with actual test cases.  Should there
be one/function?  At least one/function?  One
per test case (bug report)?

Should these functions ever be explicitly called?
It looks like they should be added to
InitializeMODULESuite, but never explicitly
called.  (And this would make sense, but ... isn't
the only way to do things.)

Should they be listed in the header file?  I see it
both ways in metadocumenttester.

Should we create a specific test pdb?  Test html
that can be re-distilled, so that it is easier to
edit?  Should we modify the current pdb, or add
our own?

Once this is done, how do we actually use it?
Can it check things like "yes, this was drawn in
the right place", or do we need manual intervention
to pass drawing tests?  (I'm not inclined to install
and find out, because I'm still using plucker, and
it sounded like the program and tester were exclusive.)

-jJ