---Reply to mail from Alexander R. Pruss about monochrome images

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Chris Hawks wrote:
>>     I don't know from black and purple (my palm is 4 bit, better than a
>> 2-bit machine 8^> ) But, as in my previous e-mail, the problem shows when
>> the 'background' color of the 'color' part is not white (the monochrome
>> part is). Not really noticable on separate inline images.
>
> Does this actually occur with my parser code?  If the background is at all
> non-white, then the image will NOT be folded to b&w (unless the
> reduce-depth thing is running).

    Not really, as long as you are checking for actual black & white (and
you are), there shouldn't be a problem.

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
VBScript is designed to be a secure programming environment.  It lacks
various commands that can be potentially damaging if used in a malicious
manner.  This added security is critical in enterprise solutions.
    -- support.microsoft.com