Michael Nordstrom wrote:
On Sun, Aug 08, 2004, Alexander R. Pruss wrote:

Then, if bit 1 is set, the last two bytes of the record contain the byte offset to navigation data from start of record.

Putting the info at the end of the record is a great idea. Bit 1 is
already used to indicate that navigation data is included.

Old viewers will still not be able to handle the new format, though, but that is an implementation issue... In the function that handles the uncompression we check if the compressed data is larger than the
uncompressed data; if so, we abort since the document is considered
to be corrupt.

It will be very easy to issue a patch for this. Moreover, this might not affect all viewers, but only the PalmOS viewer. Furthermore, in a "typical" document, it might not matter because when the compression is used, it's so good that quite possibly the compressed data plus nav data will still be smaller than the uncompressed data.

Alex

--
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss
Department of Philosophy