I recently found a c++ regex library that does PERL style matching. I
think we should use it (it's GPL) as it would free us from using OS
specific 'C' regex calls for Exclusions.

http://unix.freshmeat.net/projects/cpp_regex/

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
We pointed the error out to the cashier, who was probably barely old
enough to be legally employed, and her response, if she speaks for her
generation, was ominous, even terrifying: `It does that because... because
it's a computer.' An entire generation is growing up believing that the
current sorry state of affairs in information technology could ever be
accepted as _normal_!
    -- Zygo Blaxell, RISKS-20.89