GOOD NEWS:

 * We MIGHT have a speaker for the December PLUG talk.

 * We DO have a venue available.

BAD NEWS:

 * The speaker we might have is me. I have been on an "ancient tape restoration adventure" over the last few months, and that might be a fun story and set of problems to demonstrate and talk about.

 * The Actually Exciting speaker I have partially-willing to talk has a very busy mail box and a classic (and presumed) mail box management technique is to just not worry about ignoring incoming emails, and I haven't heard a response from my recent ping and they almost certainly are not going to be available for December's meeting in (checks calendar) 5 days.

QUESTION:

"Excitement" and "Fun" are local phenomena, the intensity of which might vary significantly from person to person. Therefore, it is worth asking:

 * ARE YOU WILLING TO SIT THROUGH RUSSELL BLABBERING ABOUT HIS ANCIENT TAPES/TAPE DRIVES AND ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS?

or

 * ARE YOU WILLING TO TALK YOURSELF INSTEAD, JUST TO AVOID HAVING TO LISTEN TO RUSSELL BLABBER?

or

 * WOULD YOU PREFER A HOLIDAY-INFUSED UnPLUG?

Please let me know your preference, either in a mailing list reply or to me privately.

--
Russell Senior
PLUG Volunteer