On 04/18/2013 05:40 PM, David Lopez wrote:
> how do i copy music cd's (wav format) to my hard drive and create an
> mp3 output to one cd to listen on my car radio?

I've been using a program called 'grip' to do this for many years. It provides a
graphical front-end to the command line extractors/rippers, cddb database
retrieval, and ogg/mp3 encoding complete with id3 tag generation. It is highly
and easily configurable and has always been included in the usual repositories
for the distributions I've used; no compiling or separate downloading was
necessary.

Once it is setup, it makes it easy to do a bunch of CDs in succession. You just
change the CD in the tray each time it opens after completion.

I've used it to rip and encode my collection of over 500 CDs.

HTH

--
KevinO