Cox has had a full circuit between here and their peering to LA for probably 6+ months, so this accounts for why you're seeing the latency. Run an mtr to google and you'll see a good 60-90% packet loss at their peering hop to LA. Their useless support says it's not real, but it is.

I've been yelling at someone internally there to fix it and upper mgt wouldn't, so I suggest you call them too. I heard internally they lit a fire to fix it just this week when Game of Thrones pirating and legit streamers killed it on sunday.

-mb