I use ghostery, adblock plus, and no(t)script - blocks most of anything nefarious through the browsers. Android adblockers tend to dump things like adblock eazylist into a hosts file to do that, only they're more comprehensive and up to date with "bad" sites.

I'd start with those vs. building a soon-to-be out of date list yourself.

-mb