Thank you, that puts it in perspective.

You have some bragging rights with a 10 year old laptop that is still functional.

On 2014-08-01 12:57, John J. Macey wrote:
Keith,

 I've recently put, Linux Mint 17 (Ubuntu 14.04) 32-bit, on 10 year
old Dell Inspiron, that had a 60Gb HDD, Pentium-m CPU, and 2Gb RAM.

 I used PlayOnLinux to install M$ Word / Excel / Powerpoint 2007, and
Oracle's VirtualBox to add M$ 7 Ultimate. M$ 7 doesn't run super
speedy, but you could use IE from that side of your machine.

 The machine is used more for a media center running Clementine
(streaming music), and XBMC Media Center (Radio / TV channels / Movies
/ TV series).

 Your machine should do well.

 Here's a tip when working with VB. When you close M$ 7, or whatever,
just click the window to close, and not the usual M$ shutdown
procedure. Just check the window that opens up, and suspend the
machine, not shut it down. I was so stunned how fast that I could
launch M$ 7 Ultimate that I posted a YouTube Video using Kazaam
(Desktop Capture) - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Booted In Less Than
3 Seconds [6].

 John