I had a few of those for my htpc (at the time, a hacked xbox with xbmc), they never worked right, usually giving me 40-60% packetloss with any real use, or not - video playback was unsustainable even with crap divx's at the time.  The rooms interconneting were pretty long runs, but still, rather anticlimactic for the tech circa 2007-2008.

Maybe worth a try with more modern tech in a small-ish home, but I wouldn't expect much.

-mb