I just flashed my sony z1 compact over to lollipop last night on cm12 kernel with Pacman Rom, and so far it's about 200x better in terms of smoothness and performance.  Mine always seems to bog down constantly, even flushing dalvik and such never seems to help, so hoping they fixed some of that with 5.0.  Next test today, see if bluetooth is still crippled from KitKat.

Weird part is it seems to have fixed my camera, which always had massive bugs with the old cm11 kernels (thanks to sony bootloader drm), never auto-focusing properly.  It's like a brand new device, super crisp images again, so wondering if they fixed it, or just bypassed it to spite sony.  Either way, I'll take it!

-mb