Sadly, my company is still stuck on IE 9, though some ramblings have been heard lately about IT upgrading to 11 across the board. Until then we must support 9. Several of our internal apps are used by many of those IE 9 users...

And oddly enough, our primary website still has about 10% of its traffic registering from IE prior to Edge... so yeah.

Some idiot out there set up a bot with a false user agent and is killing the internet!!

--Nathan

On 2016-04-20 10:49, Michael Butash wrote:
Since microsoft seems to insist on keeping their browsers perpetually
vulnerable for the government to exploit, seems sandboxing is about
the only way to keep it from infecting your os.  A full vm just to
keep ie from infecting you though?

Why not just NOT use IE?  It's really not common anymore I hit those
stupid IE-only things, maybe once a year.

Side note, was looking at docker for the same thing under linux, seems
people are doing this, sandboxing even desktop functions into a
container, which I'm liking the notion of!

https://blog.jessfraz.com/post/docker-containers-on-the-desktop/

-mb