I did mention the serial#s are clean, but I meant the MAC addresses. They were
both used on Cox previously.

The Cox reps I’ve talked with basically said they’re like cell phones — if you
don’t pay your bill, you’ll get cut off and your modem’s MAC address will get
blacklisted in their network. People sell those modems not realized they can’t
be used.

I suspect, however, that if you got a modem that was used on another carrier,
they wouldn’t know there’s a problem.

But both of these are clean and clear to use on Cox.

-David Schwartz