you can check the bios and see if there is a setting to disable the
battery. what can happen if the battery is old enough or just that bad the
laptop will try to trickle charge it and fail because of an error. the
shutdown is a protective measure.

you can also open the bottom and track down the battery plug and disconnect
it if the above is not an option.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 7:34 AM Dhruva Lokegaonkar via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> My galago pro is acting weird. It runs for a few minutes, then the power
> led starts blinking orange, and then it shuts down. The battery is pretty
> much dead. But it was working fine on AC power. Any ideas what it could be?
> Its 2.5 years old. I'm in India right now so I cannot set it to system 76
> for repairs.
>
> I can prevent the shutdown by putting the laptop to sleep and waking it up
> buy i have to keep doing it every other minute as the orange light start
> blinking within 2 min.
> --
>
> "Jiska Pata Nahi Hota, Uska Pata Nahi Chalta"
> Shanti
> dhr...@lokegaonkar.in
> lokegaonkar.in

Stephen