On 2/17/22 07:47, Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss wrote:
For the ethernet adapter, I would check and see if a bootable thumb drive has the same behavior. This may be a hardware-related issue and ruling that out might be a good first step.
I rebooted using a bootlable USB stick and the network wasn't there. I rebooted again into the same one and the network was there. I've seen  several USB ethernet adapters for less than $15 on Amazon.  I guess I'll get one of those.

Were there any recent kernel or system updates that would have affected how your drives are identified? Bios setting?
The system presents me with updates almost every day,  but I'm guessing I can rule them out since the problem persists when I booted from a PartedMagic iso I've had for several months.  Thanks.