Am 10. Mar, 2022 schwätzte Harold Hartley via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

I have a couple old external modems if you need one. I haven't ever used
them for fax, so no idea if that works. Actually, no idea if they work,
but I ran into them while cleaning up the garage a couple weeks ago.

If I can find them again I can take pictures to see if they look like
models that will work. If they will, I can likely run them up to you next
week.

For editing uneditable images I've been using xournal since Ted mentioned
it years and years ago. I mostly use it for PDFs, but I think I've used it
for PNG and JPG as well. Perhaps I first converted them to PDF. Dunno.

Even if you still have to fax using a tool like xournal might at least
save you some dead tree time.

ciao,

der.hans

I'm looking to setup my computer for faxes sending and receiving. I'm looking
at using the U.S. robotics fax modem but unsure if the two fax software made
for Linux will support it as I would be using a USB adapter for serial port
connection to the fax modem.
Anyone out they have any suggestions or advise how I should setup my Linux box
for using faxes or what to watch out for type of problems. This fax modem is
the only thing I can think of as I am low income and don't have much money for
the month. I once used such a modem with Linux a couple of decades ago when I
use to run a ham radio gateway back in Maine. But I used a script for the fax
modem to make the connection. So it will run with Linux.

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "Wasted day. Wasted life. Dessert, please."  -- Steven Meretzky