On 2022-03-23 08:49, Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss wrote:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 10:45 AM Brian Cluff wrote:
Strictly speaking, yes you can install KDE and GNOME at the
same time, but it can lead to the 2 desktops fighting for
which desktop gets to handle settings on the other and which
programs are the default as well as other quirks

This seems like it shouldn't happen. However, I really can't speak from personal experience here since I have said "Gnope!" to GNOME since it went systemd-required.

This is very true, I have found if both are installed SDM handles
this better than LightDM and GDM (Personal experience only)

Did you mean sddm? That is in x11-misc here, not part of KDE or GNOME, though it does depend on Qt and it's the default DM for KDE. It has a set of text config files in /usr/share/xsession/ that determine what gets executed. I currently have /etc/X11/Sessions/Xsession and /usr/bin/startplasma-x11 as available "what gets run after successful login" options.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity