I have exactly two Mac Minis and a switch — all of which have 1 gig ethernet
ports, and CAT6 cables.

I also plugged my Mac Book Pro directly into the gateway with a USB3 —> 1GB
ethernet adapter on a 12” CAT6 cable and it maxed-out at 92 Mbps.

They ALL hit OVER 150 Mbps with the same ethernet cable plugged into the RE550
rather than the T-Mo gateway. If anything on that wire were limited to 100
megs, then there’s no way I’d get 150+ or 750+ Mbps through the RE550.

FWIW, I made the mistake of ordering another device that had AC1200 WiFi but
the description SAID “high-speed ethernet” but never said it was 1GB. When I
got it and set it up, guess what I found? Same hardware on my end only got 92
Mbps through that device! I did some digging and found out the manufacturer
makes it really hard to find out that their “high-speed ethernet” port is in
fact a 100 Mbps port, NOT 1GB. (Plenty of others call their “N300” WiFi
“high-speed WiFi as well”. Go figure.) I sent it back and got the RE550 because
it clearly states it DOES have a 1GB ethernet port.

Again, the fact that I can get OVER 150 Mbps from the ethernet wire plugged
into the RE550 but only 92 Mbps with the same ethernet wire plugged into the
T-Mo gateway is pretty telling.

It’s NOT my hardware.

-David Schwartz