On 2022-08-21 16:43, James Mcphee via PLUG-discuss wrote:
On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 2:42 PM Jim wrote:
Today I got Apache2 running on it to serve music to my android
phone so could listen when I'm out in the yard.   It works but
the size of the text in the directory listing is really small. How can
I enlarge the size of the text?    I looked online but didn't find
anything that  made sense.  Some sites said to use a css file.

It's slightly more complicated than it should be, but read on.

If you're using the apache indexes page, you can add an
IndexStyleSheet directive.
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexstylesheet

This will not do what you want without extensive fiddling. I found a better solution, or at least a hacked-together starting point, by cannibalizing and simplifying the Apaxy github project. I had to put these lines into the <Directory> where my default vhost lives:

IndexStyleSheet /indexcss/style.css
HeaderName /indexcss/header.html
ReadmeName /indexcss/footer.html
IndexOptions +Charset=UTF-8 +FancyIndexing +FoldersFirst +HTMLTable +IconsAreLinks +IgnoreCase +NameWidth=* +SuppressDescription +SuppressRules +XHTML -SuppressHTMLPreamble

Then you can see how it looks at http://crow202.com/indexcss/ . You probably will need to copy the example code and change the stuff around for your needs since it may not be large enough. Editing the style.css , header.html , and footer.html files will get you lots of stuff. The entire project not the hacked-together trimmed down version is of course at https://github.com/oupala/apaxy , and it has more features including javascript.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity