Since you're use case is mostly to support your development workflow, you
might look at Vagrant:

https://developer.hashicorp.com/vagrant/tutorials/getting-started/getting-started-install

It sits on top of VirtualBox and makes setup and teardown of dev
environments fairly trivial.  Well, trivial after you've worked through the
initial setup steps.

- Austin