I don’t see how any type of format can make any usb stick last any longer than
another type of format. It’s the hardware that eventually breaks down and
causes anyone problems. How good the hardware is built that will help it last,
not really the format.
I have a couple of San disk usb sticks and I’ve had them for about 6 years and
another one of a different brand for 8 years. They were formatted with fat32.
But I have also another stick which is started to have problems of reading or
writing to it. I have had to format it several times over the years.
But remember that when applying power to electronics it can cause break down
after a while.

  Harold Hartley
  17632 N. 5th place
  Phoenix, AZ 85022