Hi Went to what I think is the "main" website and it said:

Fediverse social network differs from mainstream platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc). Mainstream platforms concentrate millions of users on one website, where they control all the decision-making, enforce censorship, and hoard users' data for commercial profit and spying. Fediverse platforms, on the other hand, are developed by a community of people from all over the world, independent from any company or official institution. You are free to register on any Fediverse website you like. You can choose the person who will be in charge of your data - the administrator of your server. If you have technical knowledge, you can administrate your own server for your friends and family, connecting with thousands of other independent servers across the web. Fediverse is an autonomous universe where power and data are decentralized and scattered across multiple lands.

So how is Fediverse used? I am not active on any Social Media.... how do I leverage this service?

Thanks!!
Keith

On 2024-05-08 23:37, der.hans via PLUG-discuss wrote:
moin moin,

I updated my Fediverse talk for LinuxFest Northwest, but we had some
technical difficulties and I didn't get through the whole thing, so I'm
reprising it for tomorrow's PLUG meeting.

"Mastodon and the Fediverse: Decentralized Social Networking and Services"

Still in Big Blue Button at 19:00.

https://lufthans.bigbluemeeting.com/plu-yuk-7xx

https://floss.social/@FLOX_advocate/112409734846295432

Stammtisch is a week from Tuesday at Boulders on Southern, also at 19:00.

ciao,

der.hans