I've had luck with most recent versions of ndiswrapper. its the windows driver you have to get right.

If you have the driver cd, try ones on the cd.

my guess is you'll want bcmwl5 and not bcmwl5a.

My desktop has a similar chipset and uses bcmwl5, my older HP lappy uses bcmwl5a..

You'll probably have to just try each.

It's worth the reboot to test each. technically you shouldn't have to, but it doesn't seem to necessarily work out that way.

If you don't have the cd, I'll email you a zip with mine.

-j