I've been through a lot with Fedora as FC4 was my first venture into linux; during which I had to do a lot of manual compiling and configuring. It's gotten a lot better, and I'd be happy to help with any issues you run into. (any that I can help anyway.)

Tip: If you have a broadcom wireless card, I'd recomend ndiswrapper over bcm43xx for now. You'll have to blacklist two bcm43xx kernel modules before loading ndiswrapper kernel module.

-j

>>> Hi,

>>> I'm working on this now. I'm hoping someone is online and happens

>>> know a solution off the top of their head. I started an package update

>>> on my

>>> fedora 7 box and let it go. The machine went to screen saver mode after

>>> a

>>> while. When I went to check on it, it wasn't responsive expect for

>>> barely a

>>> flicker of the screen. (i use a blank screen saver.)

>>> I switched to the console (ctrl+alt+1) and rebooted. I'm thinking

>the

>>> install might have still been running.. maybe.

>>> The update included a kernel update.

>>> When it booted, it stops when trying to load GDM and the message on

>>> screen is:

>>> INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

>>> I do have the nvidia driver installed with the kernel module from

>>> livna.

>>> I wonder if its having a problem. In the past though, I would get a

>>> screen

>>> notifying me that xorg crashed while trying to start and offer to update

>>> xorg.conf.

>>> I tried yum update (had to remove ffmpeg to get the update to work)

>>> and

>>> rebooted, but still the same result. It appears packages are updated.

>>> don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. Quite frankly, I'm

>>> tired of

>>> messing around with stuff like this and just want to watch tv with my

>>> wife.

>>> I would really appreciate any help.

>>> Thanks

>>> josh