Hi all,

After having installed several distros and actually building a new
computer, I finally found out on the net why I was having so much
trouble with Qwest DSL. The default DNS numbers were wrong. The solution:

    System > Administrator > Network > DNS TAB:

    Primary DNS = 205.171.2.65

    Secondary DNS = 205.171.3.65

    Tertiary DNS = Blank

    DNS search path set at DEFAULT

That was it. Now I access the net and also my email just as I should. I
KNEW that the answer to the problem would be something relatively simple
(although, in this case, obscure).

I suppose that if I knew more about debugging, I might have found the
answer myself. Naaah! My hat's off to whoever found that DNS hack.

Bob Eaton