I have mixed emotions regarding qmailtoaster. I was heavily involved with it
a year ago, but have been too busy with other things more recently to stay
up to date with it.

QMT is a nice appliance-type package/distro. It's very easy to build and get
a standalone server up and running, and community support is outstanding.

It's also very efficient. I continue to run it on a PII/266 w/ 256M.

On the downside, it's not available on many distros, and even on CentOS (the
preferred distro to use) it does many things in an unconventional (djb)
fashion. It really does work reliably though, so you shouldn't need to spend
much effort learning its quirks, or even learning CentOS in detail.

BL, if you decide to try QMT, I'd recommend only doing it with a standalone
machine. Since it doesn't require much of a machine, that's not typically a
big deal.

-Eric 'shubes'