Am 15. Nov, 2007 schwätzte betty so:

moin moin,

now that i have all the updates on feisty fawn, and everything is
running nicely...
what would be the pros and cons of updating to gutsy gibbon?
that is, why change what is not broken?

While I generally recommend doing upgrades with debian and Ubuntu once
they're available I will admit I'm not too happy with gutsy.

The X configuration does some new fancy things, but doesn't do them
well in my experience. If you're running a single monitor you might be
fine. You might also find that the config tool doesn't support as high
a resolution as you'd like. Luckily, on a single monitor setup you can
still use 'X -configure'.

I've also had a couple problems with OpenOffice.org. That might've been
due to a particular document, but it still resulted in OO.o not running at
all.

Lots of good things too, but some problems that need to be solved.

Feisty's still suported, so I suggest waiting 6 months and asking about
that release.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Wer bereit ist, grundlegende Freiheiten aufzugeben, um sich
#  kurzfristige Sicherheit zu verschaffen, der hat weder Freiheit
#  noch Sicherheit verdient.  --  Benjamin Franklin  (1706 - 1790)