On Wednesday 28 November 2007 22:03, Matt Graham wrote:
> From: Technomage-hawke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > does anyone on the list here happen to know what tool or tools are used
> > to generate man pages from sources (even to creating them from scratch if
> > need
> >
> > be)?
>
> man pages are text documents written using the groff markup language.  This
> is mostly due to Hysterical Raisins; roff was useful back in the day and
> they've continued the tradition.  I know that LyX can export to something
> like a man page format, and Jade includes docbook2man.  It's possible to
> write man pages by hand as well, though this is tedious.

you don't know the half of it! I once wrote a Functional Spec that was 200
pages long, in dsr (digital standard runoff).

Happy Trails!
Jerry

KE7JVW
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune:
Q:      What does it say on the bottom of Coke cans in North Dakota?
A:      Open other end.