You could try "-c blowfish", which uses a lighter encryption so there is less overhead. Also, depending on the type of data and the speed of the connection, you may have luck with the compression "-C" option.

-Charles

Bryan O'Neal wrote:
I am working on remote machines a lot lately, and while I have killer pipes at one end, and fairly good pipes at the other end, using X11 aps like fire fox is down right painful. Any way to speed it up through my ssh_conf or sshd_conf files? I typically login in using -X -Y, but it will take upwards of two minutes just to launch firefox.