Am 30. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 22:00 -0700, der.hans wrote:
Am 30. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

the filing
http://www.ilrweb.com/viewILRPDF.asp?filename=atlantic_howell_071207RIAASupplementalBrief

Section C. on page 15?

Does that document say that the court issued a summary judgement upholding
Atlantic's claims?

Does that mean the court also holds that copying the work to a more useful
medium violates copyright?
----
no - it's a plaintiff's motion for summary judgment. Court has not
adjudicated.

"On August 20, 2007 this Court issued an Order (Doc. No. 43) granting
Plaintiffs' Motion for Summary Judgement."

Is that about something else?

Am I now going to be sued for media shifting that sentence?

Is there anything we can do to make sure the media shifting component
doesn't get upheld?

Interestingly previous court rulings are close to making the connection
that the presence of both file sharing software and 'portable' format
copyrighted files constitute infringement.

Filesharing software like SMB, NFS and FTP?

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
#  nothing" -- falsely attributed to Edmund Burke